Job Posting: Planner III / Senior Planner | Bossier City - Parish Metropolitan Planning Commission
Planner III /Senior Planner | BOSSIER CITY - PARISH METROPOLITAN PLANNING COMMISSION
Bossier City, LA
The Parish Metropolitan Planning Commission is seeking a team-oriented, highly motivated individual for the Senior Planner position. The selected Planner will be part of a diverse planning team and will have extensive interaction with the Metropolitan Planning Commission, City Council, Police Jury, general public, and special-interest groups in a variety of public settings. The incumbent in this position will have many opportunities to participate or lead special projects and organize citizen engagement while representing the MPC. Because of the variety of projects and assignments involved, the ideal candidate will be a self-starter, detail-oriented, and have excellent writing, math, communication, and time-management skills.
Typical Duties Include:
- Processing rezoning applications, special-use permits and other land-use applications
- Responding to information requests from developers, City officials, staff, and the public
- Creatively applying planning knowledge and specialized skills to unique and/or obscure problems
- Managing complex planning studies, development applications and consultant proposals
- Reviewing and processing comprehensive plan amendments, zoning amendments, site plans, and plats
- Providing professional planning assistance to communities on varied land-use projects
- Performing occasional field inspections to gather data relevant to the development review process and/or to verify that development projects comply with approved plans
- Scheduling and conducting meetings with advisory boards and elected officials
- Presenting reports and other findings to applicable committees
- Intermittent attendance at evening and weekend meetings are required
- Supervising planners and staff as needed within the organization
- Operating and assisting in maintaining the Bossier City Parish MPC GIS database to include GIS updates from 911, Tax Assessor data, zoning information, and building plans
The Senior Planner position requires a master's degree in planning, public administration, political science, architecture, engineering, or some other closely related field from an accredited institution, and no less than three (3) years of professional planning or related field experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of working with a growing City/Parish. Experience with design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, ESRI, and Geographic Information System (GIS) is strongly desired. AICP Certification is desired but not required.
Benefits: Bossier City - Parish MPC provides and excellent medical and retirement benefits package.
Pay Range: $55,000 - $60,000 / Annual
- Applicant must pass employment background and drug screening test.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) language skills preferred but not required.
- Experience related to construction, architecture, and engineering related fields is a plus.
This position will be open until filled.
Email Resume to: email@example.com
The Bossier City – Parish Metropolitan Planning Commission is an equal opportunity employer.