Job Posting: Rhodeside Harwell—Urban Designer / Planner
Urban Designer / Planner
Rhodeside Harwell (RHI), a 30+ person firm of urban designers, planners and landscape architects, is seeking to hire a Project Urban Designer.
Our current urban design work encompasses a broad variety of projects, including small area plans, corridor plans, land use plans, transit-oriented development plans related to multimodal transportation projects, site master plans, urban design guidelines, public open space plans, and large and small community comprehensive plans.
ABOUT THE URBAN DESIGN POSITION
What you will do once you are here:
- Develop urban design plans, site master plans, urban design guidelines, and related plans (as mentioned above) from sketch/concept level to final design.
- Analyze existing conditions of an area/site including history, physical site characteristics, cultural significance, environmental considerations, etc. towards evolution of design ideas.
- Research urban design precedent examples – images of places and/or elements as well as specific ideas/themes.
- Prepare high-quality master plan documents including narrative and graphics (maps, illustrative plans, visualizations, graphs/charts, infographics, etc.).
What we are looking for:
- Between 3 and 5 years of urban design and/or related design experience.
- Completion of 4-5 years of architectural degree with 1-2 years of graduate-level urban design/planning and related programs. Architectural degree can be substituted for urban design/planning related education and 3+ years of related experience in urban design/architecture firms.
- Excellence in graphic presentation of design concepts through illustrative plans, elevations, sections, and 3D massing/renderings/visualizations.
- Strong writing, analytical, and oral presentation skills.
We will be accepting applications on a rolling basis but will start reviewing the applications starting March 15, 2021.
For full job description please click here: https://rhiplaces.com/news-item/now-hiring-an-urban-designer/
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a cover letter (addressed to Deana Rhodeside), resume and a portfolio of your representative project experiences (file size should be less than 10MB) to: Deana Rhodeside | firstname.lastname@example.org and Sukirti Ghosh | email@example.com