Partner Updates: National Consortium for Creative Placemaking (Event + Resources)
Crowdfunding Creative, Local Responses
Neighborhood networks have always been at the heart of disaster relief. Just ask the innovators at ioby.org, who specialize in providing technical assistance, support, and a legal financial structure for community volunteers who crowdsource funding under a variety of circumstances. At the onset of quarantine, the non-profit organization stepped up with additional support for projects that specifically responded to the pandemic, and that included creative placemaking initiatives to care for artists and commission art that communicates public health messages. Leaders will talk about how they care for artists and their communities during this crisis.
Join a stimulating ZOOM discussion with creative innovators who are shifting their focus during the pandemic to help their communities recover, heal, and become more resilient.
- Meghan Rutigliano, Founder of Globally Curated & Burning Man, and Andrea Orlando, Cultural Ambassador and NCCP Community Director
- Dana J. Schneider, ioby.org Community and Growth Manager
Panel of leaders from Detroit and New Orleans:
- Amelia Duran, Art on the Block: Detroit Artist and Community Relief Fund
- Eno Laget, URGENT: Shelter in Place Billboards in Detroit Neighborhoods
- Lindsay Glatz, Revelry: A visual celebration of New Orleans culture helping artists who are struggling during the COVID-19 pandemic
THIS Thursday, June 25th, 1 PM Eastern
Register here: https://linktr.ee/cpcommunities
The sessions are "pay what you wish," but please consider a donation
Contact: Erica Henderson-Smith, email@example.com or call (973) 763-6352, ext.5
The Creative Place Podcast
If you're looking for more on creative placemaking, check out these podcasts hosted by the NCCP: